Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


Yeah, my dear friend Trulie partied like it was 1999. And when I say party, I mean we ate the traditional Ruffles with French Onion Dip. And drank Martinelli's. And played charades with strangers. (I had to act out Nacho Libre.) Basically, our New Year's Eve celebration was mellow, it being the Sabbath, and all.

After much deliberation, I've concluded that I'm excited for 2007. The jury was out on my excitement, because it's sort of hard to say goodbye to 2006. It's been a fabulous year. I've had all kinds of adventures, from first-time travels to New York, to first-time surgeries like tonsillectomies. And heck, those both happened in August alone! So, the verdict? 2007 will just have to be as good as 2006, and I'm willing to give it the old college try.

As far as resolutions go, I have lots. I'm falling back on the faithful standby's, like spending less and saving more, eating right, going to bed ealier, exercising, studying hard, posting more regularly, and the like. Some people will tell you that it's better to just make one resolution. To heck with that. The more resolutions, the higher likelihood that I'll follow through with at least one of them.

So, let's raise our glasses (of non-alchoholic beverages) to the fond memories that the last year afforded us, and toast the year to come.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ah, we finally get our time in the sun with a shout-out about your New York trip. Thanks. :) Good luck with your resolutions. You can join me and Jeremy with our 2007 Year of Retrenchment (remember Pioneers in Petticoats?). Stay tuned for details...

P.S. I'm quite jealous about the ruffles and onion dip. Man, that sounds tasty!