Thursday, August 07, 2008

The only person I'm willing to give tech support to is my mother.

So I'm job hunting. It's all kinds of fun. It involves stressing over every syllable of my resumes and cover letters, worrying over whether I followed up correctly or soon enough after an interview, and seriously contemplating how I want to spend my future. I've come to a conclusion: I'll work almost anywhere, as long as they let me go to the doctor for a relatively low personal cost, and give me paid time off. Right now, as a recent college grad, I don't have delusions of grandeur, especially not as a recent English grad. I'm quite envious of my friends who are now working in their fields of study, like my friend who has her very own fourth grade classroom, and another friend who will be a producer on her first morning news show on Monday.

Don't worry though, because when life gets me down, I like to put things in perspective: at least I'm not making a career out of tech support. Don't get me wrong. I know a lot of people who are into the tech support call center gig. And, as evidenced below, it has a rich heritage of long-standing tradition:



I might start going a little batty after spending eight hours a day explaining to people that unless their computer is relatively small and portable and able to fit on one's lap, the computer usually needs to be plugged into the wall to be used.

Except for you, Mom. I'll continue to help you any day of the week. But only because you know how to add pictures to your blog. Everything else is just gravy. And mostly, I wanted to post this video because I think it's funny.

1 comment:

MOM/SUSAN said...

I laughed until I cried! It reminded me of someone...wait just a minute....hmmm.....who could it be?