Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dress code, and other perks

Here is a list of my new job's pros and cons. Consider the pros "treats" if you will.

Pros:
  • Wearing jeans to work is wonderful.
  • Reading novels is part of my job description.
  • Working on a Mac means I can have Firefox, InDesign, and iTunes running simultaneously without my computer crashing.
  • Having my novel (which is yet to be written) published just became a real possibility.
  • Relocating to a place filled with friends and family I have missed dearly will happen soon.

Cons:
  • I left my house at 6:15 this morning. Seriously folks. To know me is to know that is crazy talk.
  • Gone are the days of going home and watching a lunch-time episode of Gilmore Girls.
  • My commute jumped from 3 minutes to over an hour.
  • I must leave my lovely home and roommate next month, not to mention a city I adore.

2 comments:

David said...

6:15 AM? I am in shock. Were you a shrieking banshee the entire time?

Maren said...

Hey.. I made it onto your cons list...nice.