Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's been a missionary day.

I'm having intense struggles concentrating at work today. It could be because I was busy being a dirty stop out (British for one who stays out late) until 5am this morning (hey, we're only young once, right?). Or I think it's probably because my dear, sweet little brother is coming home from Italy after serving a mission there for two years. I'm pretty dang stoked to see him again. In celebration of this momentous occasion, I volunteered at the MTC this morning. Even at the unearthly hour of 9:00am, it was a wonderful experience. I realized as I walked the halls of the MTC, I was there a mere two years earlier. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm giving a lesson in Church on Sunday about life transitions. As is usually the case, I feel underqualified for this topic. Sure, I've made it through transitions, but I'm pretty sure it was possible to ease on back to the real world with a little more grace than I exhibited after coming home from my own mission. But, one of the greatest things about the Gospel, is that it's rarely too late to try to do better the next time. So that's what I do. A lot.

Pretty much, I'm really happy.

No comments: