Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas with the Gilmores

Anyone who nows me knows how I love Gilmore Girls. Well, imagine my delight when I heard that this year's Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert would feature none other than Grandpa Gilmore himself, Edward Hermann.

Next, imagine my dismay when I forgot to register for the free ticket lottery. I didn't give up hope though, because I knew that if I wished for it hard enough, Santa Claus would give what I wanted for Christmas.

On Friday, one of my coworkers emailed to let me know she had two tickets AND reserved parking for the concert that night. It was a Christmas miracle!

As always, the choir was in rare form, and I was beyond excited when Richard Gilmore came out to do a dramatic reading of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and the touching circumstances that surrounded his penning of the classic carol "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Not only was Edward Hermann brilliant, but I have tender feelings toward this particular carol as it is one of my father's favorites. I wish you could have been there. Phenomenal.

And then, I thought all my Christmas dreams came true as Mr. Hermann read the Nativity found in Luke Chapter 2. Then the choir ended the concert with their signature "Angels From Their Realms of Glory," complete with beautiful ballet dancers who had costumes that looked like angel wings. Glorious.

Maren:

Me:

Maren & Me:


Me frustrated that we couldn't find our way in the parking lot. Extra ironic because we had just watched that episode of Seinfeld. The urge to start yelling "Krrraaaaaaammmeeeerrrr" was almost more than we could take.


I was starting to get upset because we sat in the car for literally an hour before we even started moving. I just wanted some snacks!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

You're all kinds of lucky!

Joy said...

I wish I would have known. I had 4 to friday and 2 to sat and didnt go to either night. Oh well! I am glad you got to go though.