There's nothing quite like revisiting an old favorite movie from teenagehood. Back in those days, we called them chick flicks instead of rom-coms. I think in those days fro-yo was frozen yogurt as well. Times, how they have changed.
Anyway back when I was 16 watching Never Been Kissed I pretty much thought two things:
- I hope I get kissed before I'm 25.
- Michael Vartan is hot.
- 25 isn't that old. (As far as the kissing thing goes, I've found it's often more trouble than it's worth. Of course, Michael Vartain, nor anyone resembling him, has met me on a pitcher's mound before a high school baseball game. I think that's probably what I'm missing.)
- I enjoy being 25 much more than being 16.
- Life isn't like a movie, but it can be close if you know how to tell the story well enough.
- Michael Vartan is still hot (related thought: how did it take me that long to discover Alias?). If he, or anyone resembling him, wants to meet me on a pitcher's mound before a high school baseball game, I would be amenable to that.