Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Like father, like daughter

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I can't believe I know it's Wednesday! So, the theme I'm playing with for Hump Day is Wordless Wednesday. My initial thinking was that I would post an original photograph or design to get us through the Midweek Blues. However, I'm only going to call it Wordless. It will very rarely actually be wordless. Let's face it. I love me some typography. I love to play with fonts and words play such a prominent role in my designs that it's difficult to not have them.

Also, since I'm such a budding artist, I'm afraid unless I label things "tree" and "apple" you'll wonder what those white blobby things are.

Anyway, Wednesdays won't be super Wordless on account of I will feel it necessary to explain myself every now and again. For example, today's image is brought to you by The Welton Family. My mother often reminds me that I am uncannily like my father. And when she does, I'm not always convinced she's talking about our stunning good looks, brilliant minds, quick wits and tender hearts (all of which I come by honestly from both my parents). Mostly it's how we both forget to turn off the stove/oven, and how we both come up with the same excuse: "You took the food out of the oven, Mom/Susan. You should have turned it off."

Lately, certain members of my family have taken to calling me "The Apple." They say it's because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I say it's because I'm the apple of my father's eye.

But either way, cool idea for Daddy/Daughter T-Shirts, no?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They would make very cool shirts. I would buy them :o. I think you should have an Etsy shop.

Rachel said...

Noice!!

Just so you know, I always assumed that you being Dad's apple was because you were the apple of his eye. It honestly didn't occur to me that when Mom originally said that she meant something about the apple falling near the tree. So there you go. I think you're right. Maybe it's easier to be the apple of someone's eye when you fall so close to the tree... :)

David said...

I demand a re-do.

Wordless: Motorcycle.