I love the holidays. I love the food, the family, and the presents. If I had to rank the "winter" holidays, it would go like this:
- New Year's Day: I love the idea of a new beginning. The biggest aspect of my spirituality is the comfort of renewal. What's done is done. I can remain fixated on the past or I can look forward to the future, and I choose to do the latter.
- Christmas: This has everything--family, food, and loot.
- Thanksgiving: 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
- New Year's Eve: Mostly because it leads to New Year's Day. Also, exciting things happen at midnight.
- (A Very Distant Last Place) Valentine's Day. I like the idea, but it's always a letdown. The chocolate is good, so it's not a total loss.
So, part of the greatness of my favorite holiday is being able to take stock of the year and ponder resolutions for the next. So, here goes nothing.