- My mother's beautifully decorated home.
- 125 baubles on a Christmas tree.
- Days off of work.
- Delicious food.
- Listening to my dad read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" complete with delightfully awkward Freudian slips.
- Reading the story about the Christmas bells.
- Reading Luke 2.
- Singing Christmas carols around the piano, even if I don't play as well as my sisters.
- Giving gifts.
- Wrapping presents and tying bows.
- Talking to nieces and nephews about what Santa brought them.
- Contemplating the numerous and varied blessings I have, the greatest of which is the birth, life, atonement, and resurrection of the Savior.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
There are lots of things I love about Christmas: